Tuesday 3 May 2011

Llegue!! (aka, arrived!)

Yes, that´s right.  I have arrived, more or less with no problems.  Except one...  which isn´t really a problem.

So, I thought I was supposed to be going to Isabela, but when I finally arrived in Santa Cruz, took the ferry, the bus, and arrived in Puerto Ayora, I was unable to catch the last ferry of the day to Isabela.  When I called my contact at the Natioinal Park, all I managed to get in a broken conversation was to come to the park office in Puerto Ayora (thinking they´d just put me up for the night until I could go to Isabela).  But when I arrived at the park office, they tell me that there were some changes and I´d be stationed in Santa Cruz (not Isabela).  Well holy crap am I glad I missed the boat (no pun intended), otherwise it´d have been two hours overwater in the wrong direction!!  This is not really a bad thing...  most of the dive shops offering day trips are located in Puerto Ayora....  so you can bet your ass you know what Andrea is doing on her weekends off!  Hahahaha!! 

Also, is there some unwritten law that all research jobs come with a mandatory period of cleaning out some junkie storage room...?  Oh well, it was only one day (not a week).  When I left the office today to go for an after-work swim at the beach, who was there to greet me outside the office gates...?  My first marine iguana.  Chevere!  I had to get out of it´s way as it started walking right towards me.  Tomorrow we are going on the boat to do oceanographic monitoring!  Thursday then must be diving to learn how to do the lobster surveys and ´muestras animales´...!

Oh, and PS...  I´ve been told this font and color suck.  Does anyone else think so?  And Suzie...  I changed the blog to allow comments!
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Andy,
    Yes,have to agree with Suzie. The font is not the easiest to read and a color change might help as well. Will send you an email tomorrow.
    Luvs, M&D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, told you so ;)

    xoxo
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about those cactus trees?! did you see the giant iguana along the marina?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. 'Tis really hard to read for us old folks! he he. So glad to hear of your plans and travels. Psyched to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, the font sucks and the colour sucks - i know you are a water rat but you have to downgrade the ripples in the background too.....

    interesting that all our comments have to do with your computer skills and NOT the awesome time we assume you are having in paradise...yes, i hate you now as i stare out the window at the 2nd full day of rain......luv, big sis, SHJ

    ReplyDelete